Propose: public key crypto in glib.

My current project using glib needs a simple C api for creating PGP
like public/private key pairs and using them to sign chunks of data.

I'm currently building something simple that calls gnupg with an API
like this:

typedef struct _PublicKey PublicKey;
typedef struct _PrivateKey PrivateKey;

void key_pair_new (guint size, PublicKey**, PrivateKey**);

void sign_data (
	PrivateKey*,
	gpointer data,
	guint size,
	gpointer* signed_data,
	guint* signed_size
);

gboolean verify_data (
	PublicKey*,
	gpointer signed_data,
	guint signed_size,
	GTimeVal* time_signed
		/* Gets filled in with time when message was signed. */
);

If something like this has a place in glib I'll clean it up and add
functions for encryption.

Of course this could be implemented by calling PGP or GPG or anything
else the does the job but I seems to me that providing a consistent
interface in glib would be a nice thing.

I'd also like to do a glibified database access API initially
implemented
using ODBC to allow access to most DBMSs but done in a way that would
not preclude implementation directly using the C API of a particular
DBMS.

Please contact me if you are interested in either of these.

Sam