Keyboard accelerators for GTK+

Hello,
I realized that GTK+ lacked keyboard shortcuts. It is much better in this
way than other toolkits like xaw or xaw3d. However, I found some lacks. In
the list control, we cannot press a letter and go instantly to an item
beginning with that letter. Also, every buttons should have a shortcut key.
In the file selection box, the buttons have no such keys. I started working
on these features recently. I successfully added the keyboard shortcut for
the GtkCList widget. However, I don't know how to post my modification in
order for it to appear in next versions of GTK+. If someone could help me, I
would appreciate it.