Threads with AIX (was RE: gtk+ on IBM AIX )

> > checking for thread implementation... none available
> > configure: warning: You do not have any known thread system on your
> >                 computer. glib will not be thread safe on
> your computer.
>
> Look in configure.log for what caused it to do this.  I seem
> to remember
> a headache about this, but I submitted a patch that *should* have been
> in 1.2.8 (and it found posix threads just fine on my 4.3.3 system).

	 found what it was here regarding the threads: the
AC_CHECK_HEADER(pthread.h,have_threads=posix) does not work on AIX because
the pthread.h header file makes gcc complaining that there is no whitespace
where it should:

In file included from configure:5395:
/usr/include/pthread.h:113: warning: missing white space after `#define
PTHREAD_MUTEX_INITIALIZER'
/usr/include/pthread.h:128: warning: missing white space after `#define
PTHREAD_COND_INITIALIZER'
/usr/include/pthread.h:147: warning: missing white space after `#define
PTHREAD_RWLOCK_INITIALIZER'
/usr/include/pthread.h:157: warning: missing white space after `#define
PTHREAD_ONCE_INIT'

A solution is to replace line 638 of configure.in by:
  AC_TRY_COMPILE([#include <pthread.h>],[], have_threads=posix)

I am not too sure at this stage how to propose the patch (This could be seen
as an autoconfig bug as well)

Raphael

application/ms-tnef