Re: Using gtk_timeout_add with very short timeperiods (45 ms)

>default unix system timer resolution is limited by the timer interrupt
>frequency set by the kernel. On a conventional Linux box, that
>defaults to 10ms. So, first of all, you will never get good results
>unless your period is a multiple of 10ms.

[ ... ]

This sounds like a good explanation to my problems. I'll go for some
threading, which will probably solve the problems. I really can't rely
on my users having a late kernel version.

Erik Forsberg
PGP fingerprint = 37 1B D7 9E 97 8C EF 39  0E DE 08 E8 99 0C 5E A9