color of focus rectangle

I'm relatively new to gtk programming (been at it for three
weeks now) and didn't subscribe to gtk-list until a couple
of days ago. I may be asking a question that has been asked
in the past but haven't had much luck (not that I tried VERY
hard) finding the information in the list's archive ...
downloaded bunches of the text files and ran 'grep focus
*.txt' to find that reading the output causes a head ache,
then ran 'grep -i focus *.txt | grep -i color' to find that
not one line contains both words. So forgive me for asking
if it's been asked before, and if it hasn't come up, please
forget all the useless information you just read.

I'm working on an application that uses black background all
around and to top it off will run on a small display that's
best looked at from a certain angle. The focus rectangle
produced by all the components is black and appearancewise
"shrinks" the focused control by a pixel instead of making
it stand out.

Does anyone know of a quick (maybe even dirty) way of
changing the color of the focus rectangle for all controls?
If so, thank you for your reply. If not - thank you anyway.

Patrick Schweiger