(no subject)

Hello, I'm making a mapeditor for tilebased games and have a question.
The area where you draw the tiles is a GtkScrolledWindows, in there I got a
viewport with a table attached to it.
The table consists of width * height number of cells where width and height
are number of tiles on the map.
In every cell I put a GtkImage, all is good (Maybe a bit inefective on the
memoryside though). But now to the question.

I wan't another layer in the mapeditor, one for the background (done), and
one for the sprites. Is there anyway in GTK+
to overlapp widgets? in this case the table.

If I have done a seriuos design flaw here please tell me what could be my
options (I'm pretty new to GTK+).

Is a GtkDrawingArea the way to go?