Re: get handler_id given a signal_id

----- Original Message -----
From: Alex Chiang <achiang2@rsn.hp.com>
To: <gtk-list@gnome.org>
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2000 9:47 AM
Subject: get handler_id given a signal_id

> So this question is related to my previous question of how to get the
> scrollbar to stick in place and not flicker when you update it.
>
> So far we have:
>
>     int pos = GTK_ADJUSTMENT (GTK_TEXT (text)->vadj)->value;
>     gtk_text_freeze (GTK_TEXT (text));
>       [do stuff]
>     gtk_text_thaw (GTK_TEXT (text));
>     gtk_adjustment_set_value (GTK_ADJUSTMENT (GTK_TEXT (text)->vadj),
pos);

> But it flickers when the adjustment is reset to its old value. So
> Miranda Hawarden-Ogata suggests to block the signal handler for the
> adjustment like so:
>
>     gtk_signal_handler_block (GTK_OBJECT (text->vadj), handler_id);
>      [freeze text]
>      [get adj val]
>      [do stuff]
>      [set adj val]
>      [thaw text]
>     gtk_signal_handler_unblock (GTK_OBJECT (text->vadj), handler_id);

CLARIFICATION:

The singal handler is NOT connected in any way to the adjustments. It's
connected to the clist itself. In my program the user may select a row in
the clist list and do stuff with the information there. I doubt that this
has much to do with your problem, I may have just forgotten to delete that
part of my code when I pasted the function into my email message.

Sorry for the confusion taht seems to have resulted!

Miranda