Re: GHashTable memory usage

    Slava> Hi, I am currently using the GLIB library within my program for the
    Slava> purpose of creating search engine based on Hash Tables.

Some informal rules when doing IR (information retrieval) with hash tables is:

  A. Don't bother.  It always takes far too much memory.
  B. Only use it in cases of very short documents.

Tries work pretty well and are only a little slower than hash tables.  I don't
know if Glib has tries or not, though.
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab            Once you fully apprehend the vacuity of a
New Mexico State University       life without struggle, you are equipped
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL             with the basic means of salvation.
Las Cruces, NM  88003                            -- Tennessee Williams