key bindings problem (cut & paste)

Hi All,

I'm trying to override the default cut & paste key bindings
to work with the SunKeys (Copy/Paste/cut), I've also tried
on linux with other keys (F1/F2/F3). I can't get it to work.

I'm using gtk 1.2.8.

Here is how I'm defining the key bindings in my gtkrc :
--- start gtkrc -----
binding "cut"
{
 bind "F1" {
   "copy-clipboard" ()
   # debug msg here to check if the binding was called
   "debug-msg" ("Copy called")
 }
 bind "F2" {
   "paste-clipboard" ()
   "debug-msg" ("Paste called")
 }
}

# bind the binding set to all instance of GtkEdutable

class "GtkEditable" binding "cut"
--- end gtkrc ---

The bindings doesn't seem to be called if I'm pressing F1 or F2
in any instance of GtkEntry or GtkText for any app (after reloading
the gtkrc).

But If I'm changing the bind to a more generic widget
e.g. : class "GtkWidget" binding "cut"
The bindings are properly processed.

I get the following error message, which is fair enought as
copy-clipboard signal is not defined in GtkWindow. But the debug-msg works.

Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_binding_entry_activate(): binding "test::F1": could not
find signal "copy-clipboard" in the `GTkWindow' class ancestry
Gtk-DEBUG: Copy called

Could someone tell me if I'm making any obvious error ?!

And/or tell me if somebody managed override the default key binding
for cut/paste/copy ?

Regards,

 Erwann

Say Bye to Slow Internet!