Re: Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path:"libpixmap.so"

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, David Frascone wrote:

> Wups . . got chopped.
>
> On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 08:48:59AM -0500, David Frascone wrote:
> > >  I didn't have such problem, but is it owned by root and has access rights
> > > "rwxr-xr-x" - I recall something about linux dynamic loader that requires *.so
> > > to have execute persmissions for everybody.
> > >
> > Here's mine :)
> > [chaos@chaos chaos]$ ls -l /usr/lib/gtk/themes/engines
> > :
> > :
> > :
> > -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          784 Apr  5 07:01 libpixmap.la
> > -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       216930 Apr  5 07:01 libpixmap.so
> > :
> > :
> > :

  In original message, you've stated that you added
	 module_path "/usr/lib/gtk/themes/engines"
  to your gtkrc.
  But it seems that you should use module_path "/usr/lib/gtk/themes/" for your
file layout (I see this looking at the comments in gtkrc's of various themes).
Please try this and report.

  If it still doesn't work: Did you compile libpixmap.so yourself (what is
your distro)? If I were you, I would try the following then:

 1) Get compiled libpixmap.so from any other place (i.e. from RedHat - it's in
	gtk-engines.rpmor something like this) and try it.
 2) If 1) is not acceptable - may be your libgtk.so and libpixmap.so are
	compiled by different versions of gcc (and probably linked with
	different versions of glibc), so try to compile them with the same
	compiler (and probably without all optimizations).

 HTH