Re: Gnome Compile Problems

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 06:39:08PM -0400, Wolfgang Sourdeau wrote:
> > I'm trying to compile gnome-core-1.2.1 on a SunOS 5.8 machine
> > running in 32bit mode. I have gtk+ 1.2.8 and glib 1.2.8
> > compiled and installed. I'm getting an error with the linker
> > and I'm not sure what it's caused by. Any ideas?
> >
> > All the includes are there in /usr/local/include/gtk and
> > /usr/local/include/gdk. I'm really not sure where to look for
> > a problem at this point.
>
> As you can see above, none of the required libs are mentioned on the
> command line. Have you installed the gnome-libs package before ?

Yes I did but realised after that the Solaris 'tr' command
breaks gnome-config so it like it wasn't there.

After compiling GNU tr, I'm having less problems.

Thanks.

--
Charles Gagnon                   | My views are my views and they
http://unixrealm.com             | do not represent those of anybody

   To err is human, but to really mess things up you need a
   computer.