Re: Static compiling

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Nikhil Bhavadas K. wrote:

> How can I statically compile a gtk based program? When I compile a simple
> program having buttons error messages like
> "Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:button_pressed.png
> line 498"
> is displayed.

 I didn't understand you. Do you get this message when you statically link
it, and asking how to link it statically in order this message to
disappear? If you link it dynamically - does it appear?

 Anyway, I guess this message has nothing to do with static linking - it looks
like you have a broken gtk theme. Try using another one - I hope it will
disappear.
 Other possible cause - is when you use some gnome's function for opening
pixmap, and that function only looks into pixmap_path setting and doesn't find
it.