Re: GtkDrawingArea vs GtkCheckButton

> I've run into some puzzling behavior with a few classes of widgets.
>
> I've got a drawing area in front of which I place various widgets.
> Most widget types work fine.  However, GtkRadioButton, GtkCheckButton,
> and GtkLabel are obscured by the drawing area which should be behind
> them.  Widgets such as GtkButton and GtkToggleButton don't have this
> problem.

I think the key difference here is that both Button and Toggle button
have a physical event window which Label and RadioButton may not.
Thus if you wish for the label not to get the background of the
drawing area you should place the label in a GtkEventBox.  This
will cause the background to be clipped.

--Karl