Re: Layout help

Well, I just realized that what I told you was not completely
accurate. You can't do this easily with only a Gtkfixed, because it
would require supplemental code to catch the resize event and the
resize of your gtkfixed and child. Although it's possible to do so,
the use of the GtkBox permits you to avoid this.

Btw, another solution would be to use a GtkFixed in the top half of
your box. But, again, what I think you are missing is the the
homogeneous flag which has to be set to 0.