2 questions

Hello all.

I'm quite new to GTK programming and I'm now stuck with 2 problems.
The first is: how can I cange a widget at runtime ? (e.g. I'd like to
have the area between the menu and the statusbar change its layout
-clist or entry mask- depending on a menu selection). The second is
related quite closely to the first: is there a way to create a new
window WITHOUT giving it focus ? Or giving focus to a certain widget
(e.g. to accept user input without having to force the user selecting
the "default" input box) ?

Tks,
 Diego.