gnome-core 1.1.2 install problems

   Im trying the upgrade to gnome-core-1.1.2, but I am having problems
building it due to an error. Its says that it isnt finding gdk_pixbuf,
but I just installed it. I did a ldconfig to update all the library
files and such, and made sure that usr/local/include was in my path, but
nothing seems to work... Im pretty sure that this isnt the most
appropriate place to ask this question, but I know that some of the
authors are on the list, so I thought I would give it a shot...
Thanks for any help,
Chicane