gdk-pixbuf: new_from_file()

hello,

has anyone wrote language binding for gdk-pixbuf, yet?  I'm writing
one for Ruby, and I now has a question.  let me know if there is more
apropriate list for this.  gtk-binding-list? ;p

anyway, a tiny problem I have is that gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file, or any
image, so that all I can do is raise generall exception in binding.

comment in the gdk-pixbuf-io.c says gdk-pixbuf can fail with four
different errors:

 - the file could not be opened
 - there was no loader for the file's format
 - there was not enough memory to allocate the image buffer
 - the image file contained invalid data.

is it possible to change API to return diffent value for each error?
or, even, does it worth? ;P
--
          yashi