[gtk-list] Re: Gtk-Perl-0.7000/Gnome

  Hello

#  On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 06:54:33PM +0000, etienne grossmann wrote:
#  >   I needed to apply the following patch in order to compile the Gnome
#  > part of Gtk-Perl-0.7000.  Gnome is 1.0.54, from Debian packages.
#  >
#  >   Is it just a problem for me, or did anyone else meet it too?
#  [...]
#  > @@ -182,7 +182,10 @@
#  >  #ifdef NEW_GNOME
#  >                         gnome_init(app_id, app_version, argc, argv);
#  >  #else
#  > -                       gnome_init(app_id, NULL, argc, argv, 0, &i);
#  > +                       gnome_init(app_id, NULL, argc, argv);
#  > +                       /* Or should it be ?
#  > +                         gnome_init(app_id, NULL, 0, &i);
#  > +                         */
#  >  #endif

#  It seems that somehow NEW_GNOME didn't get defined for you:
#  can you check that? It should tell you when you run perl Makefile.PL
#  in the toplevel dir. I get (in the same setup) something like:

#  gnome version = 1.0.54

  I just installed Gtk-Perl 0.7002 without any problem. Maybe some of
my Gnome packages (from Debian) were not configured, and installing
them properly fixed it. I was using dselect, to which I am not
accustomed; some parts could have been left un-configured without my
noticing.

  Thank you for the Gtk-Perl release,

  Etienne