Re: [gtk-list] gtk_main() and foreign event loops

Alexander Taranov <tay@jet.msk.su> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I want to use GTK in CORBA based server (Orbix or ORBACUS)
> Both ORB's have a mechanism to incorporte
> Xt event loop.
>
> DOes anybody know how to do this with gtk_main() ??

It is difficult to make GTK+'s main event loop subsidiary to
another event loop, simply because GTK+ depends on having
a pretty full-featured powerful event loop (fully recursive,
prioritized event sources, etc.).

It's generally much easier to go the other way, and most ORB's
that I'm familiar with (though I have not used either Orbix
or ORBACUS) do support this.

That is, in some way, the ORB has a call to register a function
to watch a file descriptor, and then you can implement
that function in terms of g_io_add_watch().

Regards,
                                        Owen