Re: [gtk-list] about makefile problem

I am not sure that I understand you, but here goes...

> I install gtkmm-1.4.1 and gtkmm-devel-1.4.1.

The lastest gtkmm packages are version 1.1.7.  Are you sure you
are using the currect ones? The output of "gtkmm-config --version"
should help you determine what version you have installed.

> I make bellow makefile. But I got a problem.
> It told me this.
> `Gtk` undeclared.
> parse error before `::`.
> `kit` undeclared.
> my test.cc contains Gtk::Main kit( argc ,argv );

Does you test.cc contain the proper includes
  #include <gtk--.h>

> I modify my makefile that gtk-config instead of gtkmm-config.
> But the problem still exit.

The easiest way to compile is

  c++ -o foo foo.cc `gtkmm-config --cflags --libs`

(Yes, that does get the cflags in a funny place but it works on
most compilers.)

> Please help me. Thank a lots.

I hope that is helpful.

--Karl