Re: [gtk-list] locale problems

Hi,

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 pbg1854@garnet.acns.fsu.edu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I posted a message about this a little while ago, but I still haven't
> fixed it. Anyways, the problem is that every GTK+ app I run spits out
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
>
> When I run locale, this is the output I get:
>
> LANG=POSIX
> LC_CTYPE="POSIX"
> LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
> LC_TIME="POSIX"
> LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
> LC_MONETARY="POSIX"
> LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
> LC_ALL=

I don't think this is a right setting. My looks like

LANG=sv_SE.ISO8859-1
LC_COLLATE="sv_SE.ISO8859-1"
LC_CTYPE="sv_SE.ISO8859-1"
LC_MONETARY="sv_SE.ISO8859-1"
LC_NUMERIC="sv_SE.ISO8859-1"
LC_TIME="sv_SE.ISO8859-1"
LC_MESSAGES="sv_SE.ISO8859-1"
LC_ALL=sv_SE.ISO8859-1

since my language is swedish. I don't know what it should look like in US.