Re: [gtk-list] Minimized / Restored / Maximized window status and control ?

Anthony Tekatch <tekatch@idirect.com> writes:
> How can I tell if a window is minimized?

I don't think you can, really...

> I want to be able to see if the window is minimized then when the
> user selects a menu item to show that window I can just restore it
> to it's original state rather than opening up a new window. Also if
> the window has been closed then I would like to create a new one.
>
> What is the best method for doing this?

This is pretty easy though.

if (GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED(widget)) {
  gdk_window_show(widget->window);
  gdk_window_raise(widget->window);
}

You have to arrange to catch "destroy" on the widget so you know when
it's closed and create a new one.

Havoc