Installation GTK+ in Sun Sparc

Hello
Is it possible to compile GTK+ and glib(version 1.2.2) with Sun CC compiler?
I am trying to compile these. And when I execute the configure command for g
lib
it crashed saying that "I can't find the libraries for the thread implemenat
ion posix.!" Next time I  executed the configure command with --disable-thre
ads and it worked.
However when I issued the make command next for glib it didn't work. It prod
uced a lot  of error messages. I am putting up some of them below.

line 2190: date is not defined
line 2191: year is not defined
line 2192: The type "void " is incomplete
and so on.

Could anyone help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

---