Re: [gtk-list] Re: Some ideas about GtkText

> > With that system, each user can use his favorite editor for each task, and
> > the Gtk developpers don't have to take part in the Vi-Emacs war.
> >
> > Of course, it's a huge work, but I really think it's not all bad.

	I don't see any reason to have a variable and special mechanism
for 'importing' the correct widget.

	It'd be much easier to simply have two or three different text
widgets (i.e., GtkTextClassic, GtkTextEmacs/whatever, etc.) that the
programmer could choose from.

	If the programmer wants to make the text widget-type configurable
within his application, that's his perogative.

--Derek