Re: [gtk-list] entry input verification [Was: Uppercase only entry widget?]

Ralf Corsepius <corsepiu@faw.uni-ulm.de> writes:
> The approach you outline above doesn't seem to work in my case, because the
> insert_text signal does't seem to allow changing the size of the inserted
> text.

I wasn't saying you should modify the text to be inserted in-place,
I'm saying stop the emission of the current insert_text signal, and
emit a second insert_text signal with the text you want (emit the
second signal by calling gtk_editable_insert_text() or whatever it's
called).

> Implementing it with the changed signal seems to be possible, but seems to be
> rather ineffective and also seems to suffer from the "infinite loop" issue
> (changed being called because invoking "set_text" ).

For the infinite loop you can either set a global variable, or use
the gtk_signal_handlers_block_*() functions.

Havoc