RE: [gtk-list] gtk_file_selection doesn't interact when called from "inside" gnome_dialog

Hi,

  Many thanks to Owen (whom I ran into over on irc.gimp.org(#gtk+)), this
was easy to solve...

  It does indeed hinge on the fact that gnome_dialog is modal.

  Solution: In my function that builds and shows the gtk_file_selection
dialog, I made my gtk_file_selection modal.  I learned from Owen that having
both gnome_dialog and gtk_file_selection modal doesn't cause interference
because the most recent window to be set modal takes over (and, once it's
closed, modality returns to gnome_dialog).

So, a snippet of code...

     static GtkWidget *fileSelector=NULL;
     fileSelector=gtk_file_selection_new("Select a file to load");

     ...[connect signals, hide file ops, etc.]...

     gtk_widget_show(fileSelector);
     gtk_window_set_modal(GTK_WINDOW(fileSelector), TRUE);   /* <-- added
this */

Thanks Owen!

Regards,
Jim