Re: [gtk-list] Re: 32-bit coordinates

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Jamie Guinan wrote:

> Just out of curiousity, why doesn't GtkLayout work for you?

I would like to draw in a big window that I can scroll without
problems. It's quite easy to work around, I've done it in windows in an
other program (windows 9x have 16 bit, windows NT 32 bit). But it would be
easier if the widgetset (gtk/gdk) worked around limits in X-windows so
that I don't have to do it in my applicaton :-) And, yes I know that X has
this limit but it should be possible for GDK to work around X.

I think 32-bit coordinates is the right thing to do but I don't mind
fixing it myself in my application. But if it's going in GTK in the future
it would be a waste of time for me to work around it. And it also
complicates my code a bit.

/Dennis