binding accelerators to hidden widgets

 Hi,

 In my application, I found binding accelerators to hidden widgets very useful
 (for example, creating a hidden button with accelerator for "clicked" and
 binding signal handler to it to do complex tasks such as switching to
 predefined notebook page). But I want to know whether it's legal to do so:

 I want to know whether gtk developers think that handling accelerators
 by hidden widgets is a correct thing (or not - whether such nice feature will
 be removed sometime in the future since it's considered as a bug). But I
 expect that it's intended behaviour and that it won't change.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad