Re: [gtk-list] Re: imlib/gtk/gtk_object_set_data -> invalid cast from gchar to ...

> >here's the piece of code:
>
> If your mail contained all the code for the aquarium...
>
> You declare a pointer to an ImPixMask, but I can't find a place where you
> actually allocate the memory? nor can I find the gtk_widget_set_data()...

I indeed forgot to allocate the memory... but I'm not really
familiar with allocating/deallocating memory from within gtk..
how'd I do that?
Anyway, i tried simply working with ImPixMask impixmask
(instead of ImPixMask *impixmask), and passing the address of
impixmask to be saved in the window, but then my application
yields a segmentation fault when handling the configure event..

(concerning gtk_widget_set_data, I thought it was
gtk_object_set_data(..)... which is present in the code I've sent.. )

> Are these copy paste errors or are they really missing?

the first one is really missing...

I'm really sorry if my question about memory allocation is so stupid,
but it has been a hard day already,

Many thanks,
Nancy