RE: [gtk-list] GtkEditable::activate bug or feature?

Well... I'm not sure if it is correct,
but I feel the same...though it is not a GtkEditable problem,
but rather a GtkEntry problem...
----------------------------
 case GDK_Return:
   return_val = TRUE;
   gtk_widget_activate (widget);
   break;
-----------------------------
the gtk_widget_activate is done so that your problem would
be fixed by just modifying the original code this way :
--------------------------------
 case GDK_Return:
   return_val =  gtk_widget_activate (widget);
   break;
----------------------------------
(gtk_widget_activate checks if a handler is set to return TRUE or FALSE)

I personally feel it is a bug, as I have no idea why this key should be
always "stopped",
but GtkText behaves the same and return TRUE wether or not you have a signal
handler
connected to your object, but, as it is a lot of coincidence (specially if
you consider that it is not a
"by the power of copy-paste" bug, i suppose it is not a bug. (but i have no
idea why they do it...)
in GtkText, we have
---------------------------
return_val=TRUE;
case GDK_Return:
  if (event->state & GDK_CONTROL_MASK)
    gtk_signal_emit_by_name (GTK_OBJECT (text), "activate");
  else
    return_val = FALSE;
  break;

Anyway, I guess you can subclass it easily to make your own key_press event
handler
and fix this bug-or-feature...
(I'd like someone who knows to tell us if it actually is a bug or not
anyway)

cheers

Olivier.