glib memory profiling

Hello,

1) I have recently joined the gtk-list.  Is it correct that the archive
of this list is not at all recent?  Anything beyond late 1998 seems
unavailable.

2) Also, I understand that glib has a memory profiling option avilable
at compilation time.  Does anyone know what impact this option has on
apps not using the profiling features?  Meaning is there a loss of
performance for all/any of the memory management functions? (and
certainly as a result, the many data types).

3) Is there a better way to profile memory? ;-)

Thank you,
Stephen.