unable to use Gtk-Perl on my NetBSD box

I've been trying to compile and install Gtk-Perl on my NetBSD box so
that I can then compile and install the perl support for the
Gimp. I've run into the same problem when trying to do a 'make test'
on both Gtk-Perl-0.6123 and Gtk-0.5120:

xdsl014% make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/local/bin/perl -I./blib/arch -I./blib/lib -I/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/i386-netbsd/5.00404 -I/usr/pkg/lib/perl5 test.pl
/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_gnome_user_accels_dir" in perl:/usr/X11R6/lib/libgnomeui.so.42.3

*** Error code 1

Stop.

What does this error mean? Would this indicate that I need to install
a different set of gnome libraries?

I apologize if this issue has already been addressed on this list. I
tried to search the archives, but the address given for the web
gateway to the list is dead, and I was unable to find its new
location. A search of the archives for the string
"_gnome_user_accels_dir" turned up nothing in latest/*, and it doesn't
appear that it's possible to search in */*.

Thanks for any help or information.

-Zach Fine
czyz@serv.net