Re: Announce : the GLM

Hi,

Nice newsletter!

Just for fun I'll point out that the Sugar memory usage issue you
mention in GLM was further analyzed but I never posted here about it.

Basically the inlining does work and does not increase code size.
label.set_text("blah") in Sugar is compiled to simply
gtk_label_set_text(label, "blah").  I have verified it with a
disassembler.

The only increase in code size from Sugar are more calls to ref/unref
as objects go in and out of scope, i.e. the constructor/destructor for
the smart pointers. These don't have more code size because of
inlining, but because in C there are no constructors/destructors being
run at all (for pointers).

Havoc