Re: [gtk-list] RE: pixmap engine question

>I did something like what you say (if i understood you correctly)
>you must (ok it's not like you must, but I didn't find a simpler way)
>use GdkImlibImage *object...
>you do something like this :

  [ ... example elided ... ]

thanks, except that this doesn't really do what I want. This puts the
pixmap *inside* the existing button drawing, and changes to the button
state still result in visible changes to the button frame and,
notably, *not* the pixmap. An easier way than the example you gave is
just to specify a bg_pixmap in the style file, but this too leaves the
existing button "frame" and "shadow" in effect, which is not what I
want. I want the entire image of the button to be provided by my
pixmap(s), with the correct pixmap for the current button state.

i already have my own Gtk_PixmapButton for Gtk-- which does this; i
was just hoping to get back on track and use the Pixmap engine as an
alternative for this. it appears to me that it can't be used this way.

--p