No Subject

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Mouw [mailto:J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl]
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2000 2:19 AM
To: gtk-list@redhat.com
Subject: [gtk-list] Re: Makefiles

On Wed, 02 Feb 2000 18:07:57 +0000 (GMT), Phil Huish <se96ph> wrote:
>> > I've got my main file in my main source directory,
>> > this directory has a directory for the GTK frontend files and a
directory
>> > for the files that deal with the inside of the game...
>> >
>> > how do i write a makefile that understands this...
>>
>> You are using automake & autoconf, I hope.
>
> problem is, I don't have automake or autoconf...

If you use Linux, install the correct packages. If you use another Unix
version, download and install GNU m4, automake, and autoconf (and while
you're on it also libtool), all available at  ftp://ftp.gnu.org/ and GNU
mirrors all over the world. autoconf + automake make life *much* easier.
If you need some simple autoconf examples, have a look at GTK stuff
(musica and gdmm) at http://www-ict.its.tudelft.nl/~erik/open-source/ .

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl