Nevermind (was: Glib BTree & GTree wrapper)

     All,
	A few days ago I was proposing the addition of a BTree data type
to glib, and replacing the balanced binary tree with the BTree code.

	Well, Josh MacDonald introduced me to a relatively new data
structure (from the late 80's :) that I'd never heard of before: Skipped
Lists.

	Skipped Lists are like linked lists on steroids.  All of the
reading I've done so far (including a paper co-written by Josh) indicates
that Skipped Lists are much faster than BTrees, usually by several orders
of magnitude, and under some conditions, by a factor of several dozen.
Also, they are much, much easier to implement than BTrees.  On the
outside, they operate on sorted data so your API can be exactly like that
of a BTree.

	I'm not sure if I'm going to need Skipped Lists for my project or
not, but if anyone's up to it I think this structure would make a
wonderful addition to Glib.  There are several reference implementations
available, including one by Josh.   Just run a search of Google for more
info.

--Derek Simkowiak