Re: can't set window class name using gtk_window_set_wmclass

On Fri, 29 Dec 2000, Vlad Harchev wrote:

 Sorry, just another correction:

> On Fri, 29 Dec 2000, Vlad Harchev wrote:
>
>  Hmm, I'm sorry for my ignorance, I was completely wrong. Let me correct
> myself.
>
> * xlsclients lists clients, not windows, so gtk_window_set_wmclass has nothing
> 	to do with setting client's name and class name.
> * Options --class and --name are only available for gnome programs (BTW, I see
> 	no reason not add support for these commandline options to GTK,
> 	though I didn't look at the code yet).

 Gtk programs also support --class and --name arguments. While gnome apps
understand '--class=VAL' and '--class VAL' syntax (since Popt is used), gtk
apps only understand '--class VAL' and don't understand '--class=VAL' (the one
I've tried). '--class VAL' syntax works fine for gtk apps.

 Thank you for patience.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad