Re: Scrollable menus, selection in Clist, size of windows, etc...

>2) When doing a college project I needed to make a Clist and get the
>row which the user selected... the only function which I thought would

you connect a handler to the "select" signal. it will tell you the row
(and column, IIRC).

>3) Also in this project I needed to get a window's dimension.. Easy I

GtkWidget widget;
gint16 width, height;

gdk_window_get_size (widget->window, &width, &height);

Note the d in "gdk".

>4) Right now am in contributing (only light patching) to a Gtk based
>browser called Dillo (dillo.sourceforge.net) and I wanted to use a
>`scrollable menu` to better it's interface. I've looked in the
>gtk-devel-list archives and have seen two pacthes for such a menu, but
>they're kind of old (October). Will there be a scrollable menu in GTK?
>Is there an insterest on making an implementation on this?

It would be good. I have some menus that vanish off the top/bottom of
the screen.

>5) I wanted something else that I think GTK also doesn't have, which
>is an editable Clist (Table?). I wanted something like a CList or
>Table which the user could click on any of the cells and start editing
>that cell (like each cell being an editable entry, or something),
>without having to open dialogs, or "poping up" a text-entry. Is there
>anything like this?  Or an interest in implementing this?

I think there is a widget call GtkSheet that is like this. search at
freshmeat.net. It is like a table but more flexible. To accomplish
your example, you'd pack a bunch of GtkEntry widgets into the cells.
I don't fully see why you can't do this with just a GtkTable,
actually.

--p