cry uncle :)

I ask about drawing to a drawing area yesterday and got 2 responses that
stated to change the color of a gc and pass it into the draw_rectangle
function.

I give I'm unable to do this :(  I spent 3 hours in the documentation
and the examples provided with tkg and cannot get anything to show up.

My target  platform is a SUN,  I'm developing on winders at home (its
avoids executing across my ISDN line)

Heres a snippett of my code :
#include "extern.h"

/* recursive because of my data structure */
/* after calling this function I emit signal expose_event */
void draw_cell(cell_p cell  /* cell_p */
               ,int view    /* view */
               ,int trans_x /* translate x */
               ,int trans_y /* translate y */
              )
{
  node_p          np,detail,strct;
  point_t         pts[50000];
  int             npts;
  GdkColor        white  = {0,0,0,0};
  GdkColor        black  = {0,0xFFFF,0xFFFF,0xFFFF};
  GdkGC           *gc    = NULL;

  if (cell EQ NULL) return;
  if (gc EQ NULL) gc = gdk_gc_new(pixmap);
  fprintf(stderr,"Enter draw_cell\n");
  detail  = NodeFind(cell->head,lDETAIL);
  strct   = NodeFind(cell->head,lSTRUCT);
  np = LaffNodeNext(detail,detail);
  while (np)
  {
    switch (np->type)
    {
    case lRECT:
      {
        rect_p r = (rect_p) np->data;
        pts[0].x = r->ll.x;
        pts[0].y = r->ll.y;
        pts[1].x = r->ur.x;
        pts[1].y = r->ur.y;
        /* converts database coords to grachic coords applying scale and
           shiftx and shifty */
        Wc2Gc(db,pts,cell,canvas_y,scale,shiftX,shiftY);
        Wc2Gc(db,&pts[1],cell,canvas_y,scale,shiftX,shiftY);
        gdk_gc_set_foreground(gc,&white);
        gdk_draw_rectangle (pixmap
                            ,gc
                            ,FALSE
                            ,pts[0].x
                            ,pts[0].y
                            ,ABS(pts[0].x - pts[1].x)
                            ,ABS(pts[1].y - pts[1].y));
        fprintf(stderr,"Enter draw_cell : lRECT\n");
        break;
      }
    }
    np = LaffNodeNext(np,detail);
  }
  fprintf(stderr,"Leave draw_cell\n");
}

Also how do I set the drawing mode for the DC
XOR, OR ...

=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+
           /___/
Texas Instruments ASIC Circuit Design Methology Group
Dallas, Texas
214-480-4455
bpatton dal asp ti com