Re: IDE

I actually don't do any development, but if I did, I'd use VIM & an xterm to
keep the insanity to a minimum.

The GNOME webpage lists software by category.  Here it the URL for all
indexed development utilities:

http://www.gnome.org/applist/listrecent.php3?category_query=Development%20Tools

Hopefully whichever platform you run doesn't limit you to applications
dependent on GNOME.  Whenever I need to find software to suite my needs, I
always use the FreeBSD ports collections, even though I don't run FreeBSD.
They have the most extensive index of software on the internet:

http://www.freebsd.org/ports/devel.html

--Brian