Re: A little off the subject
- From: Ian Main <imain netidea com>
- To: "Billy N. Patton" <bpatton dal asp ti com>
- Cc: Gtk users <gtk-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: A little off the subject
- Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 17:25:13 -0800
On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 07:16:55PM -0600, Billy N. Patton wrote:
> How can I tell when I'm running out of address space?
> Will malloc fail to allocate any?
> I'm having some memory errors that I can't find with Purify
> on my sol7 box or with bounds checker on winders.
> Both tell me is a stack overflow.
> I'm lost at the exact meaning and where to look for the error.
It means you are running out of memory on the stack.. Possible
causes may be the use of alloca(), or calling too many nested
functions, eg, when doing recursion etc. Perhaps you have
a recusive loop of functions that call one another and chew
up the stack ?
] [Thread Prev