GtkMenuBar No examples to go by, need guidance

I need to put a menu bar at the top of my window and it will need to
contain pull down menus and buttons.  Could someone please offer some
guidance.  So far I've done everything from examples and cannot find
GtkMenuBar in any of the .c files.  I'm trying to avoid using an rc file.

=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+
           /___/
Texas Instruments ASIC Circuit Design Methology Group
Dallas, Texas
214-480-4455
bpatton dal asp ti com