Re: GUI

"Timothy M. Shead" wrote:

> Brian J. Rohan wrote:
>
> >   Are there any available GUI's for Gtk-- (for Linux), besides using a
> > generic C++ GUI?
> >

> Gtk-- is a set of C++ classes for creating graphical user interfaces
> using the GTK+ toolkit.
>
> If you're asking whether there are other ways (in C++) to use GTK+, the
> answer is "yes" ... SDPGTK, WxWindows, and Intl are three others.
>
> If you're asking whether you can use GTK+ with other languages, there
> are Python, Ada, and Javascript bindings, to name a few.
>
> If you're asking whether there are toolkits other than GTK+ that are
> useable from C++, the answer is also "yes" ... Qt and Motif are a couple
> that spring to mind.
>
> Timothy M. Shead
> tshead k-3d com

I think what he's looking for is an IDE. In that case there are several
IDEs that would work but I don't think any are setup to use GTK--.
Kdevelop http://www.kdevelop.org now supports gnome so that might work
for you , VdkBuilder is a C++ IDE that uses gtk+ but is written for the
Vdk libraries, another C++ wrapper for gtk+
http://vdkbuilder.sourceforge.net/
There are other IDEs a search on http://www.freshmeat.net will give you
plenty of other options to try.

	Stephen