Re: menu accelerators

On Fri, 01 Dec 2000, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

>>> How do you make it so that the accelerators for menu elements are
>>> static?  I've read that this is "feature" that the user can change the
>>> menu accelerator by pressing a key combination while the mouse pointer
>>> is over the menu element. I think it's bad news.
>>
>>You think that being able to assign new accelerators on the fly is bad
>>news?  It's the single most useful thing I've come across in GTK.  It
>>makes my Gimp life much easier by letting me quickly & intuitively
>>customize the accellerators to fit the task I'm doing.  Turning this off
>>would be a major setback, IMHO.  Please don't.
>
> as far as i can tell, this is not a built-in feature of GTK, but
> something done by the GIMP. the menu accelerators in my Gtk-- apps do
> not appear to be dynamic.

Well, Dia does it as well, as does Eye of Gnome, Gnome Control Center,
Gnotravex, Glade,... haven't found any that doesn't do it.  Maybe Gtk--
disables it?  I'm very happy to have this an inherent feature of Gtk.  I'm
not sure if they're automatically saved, though.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg