Re: menu accelerators

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Matt Hillebrand wrote:

> How do you make it so that the accelerators for menu elements are static?
> I've read that this is "feature" that the user can change the menu
> accelerator by pressing a key combination while the mouse pointer is over
> the menu element. I think it's bad news.

You think that being able to assign new accelerators on the fly is bad
news?  It's the single most useful thing I've come across in GTK.  It makes
my Gimp life much easier by letting me quickly & intuitively customize the
accellerators to fit the task I'm doing.  Turning this off would be a major
setback, IMHO.  Please don't.

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg