Re: Communication

La plume légère, à Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 08:28:58AM +0100, heure d'inpiration,
Florent. Devin écrivait en ces mots:
> Hi,
> I want to know
> which is the easiest way to connect to program ?
> You have two programs that runs separately, and have to connect there
> I/O. Is there a better way to do this in Gnome/Gtk than doing this by
> IPC ?
> I need to have the easiest way to do this. I mean that I do not want
> eavy
> code modification.
> --
> Florent DEVIN

Depending on what you really need (and what you mean by "I/O"), I would say
that bare I/O is quite simply done through UNIX sockets, which permits
redirection and some security (Linux has nice security features related
to credentials).

Wolfgang
--
A chicken is an egg's way of producing more eggs.