gtk_ctree_node_moveto weirdness

I would like to automatically scroll a GtkCTree when the user expands a
node so as many as posible of its children becomes visible.

I connected the tree-expand signal of the ctree to the following function:

static void tree_expand_cb (GtkCTree* ctree, GtkCTreeNode* node)
{
        gtk_ctree_node_moveto (ctree,
                               node,
                               0,    /* column */
                               0,    /* h-scroll (0=left, 1=right) */
                               0);   /* v-scroll (0=top, 1=bottom) */
}

but it does not do what i expect. It only scrolls horizontally.
Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug in gtk_ctree_node_moveto?

	-Jens