Re: fork

On 17-Aug-2000 Matt Goodall wrote:
>  Vlad Harchev wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Denis Serebro wrote:
> >
> >  Hi,
> >

> > >       Hello, All.
> > >
> > >     I try create a child process in gtk application. And I try create new window with type
> > >     GTK_TOPLEVEL_WINDOW in child process.
> > >    And I get very strange behaviour. When I try change window size or position or something
> > >    else, I get on console:
> >
> >  Gtk wasn't supposed to be used this way. Also it's not thread-safe. Use a
> > different approach.
>
>  It **is** thread safe. Read section 5.2 of the GTK+ FAQ.
>
>  /Matt

Hi,

is it possible that the forking  was done a f t e r  gtk_init and after
creating some top level windows? If yes, this leads to a lot of
problems (I had bad experiences when doing the same under
native X or Motif programming).

Regards

Joachim Backes

--

Joachim Backes <backes@rhrk.uni-kl.de>       | Univ. of Kaiserslautern
Computer Center, Supercomputing Division     | Phone: +49-631-205-2438