Re: HOWTO with GtkCTree and Select/Focus

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Chen, Frank wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm seeking to learn how to change the graphical attributes when
> > "focusing" or "selecting" items in a GtkCTree.
> >
> > My default background color for "selected" items in a GtkCTree is blue -
> > how can I change this?

 You can control it using gtkrc: the following piece of gtkrc sets bg of
items in gtkctree to blue:

style "myclist"
{
  bg[SELECTED] = { 0., 0., 1.0 }
}
class "GtkCList" style "myclist"

 (This will work since GtkCList is ancestor of GtkCTree).

> > My default graphical presentation for "focused" items is a black border -
> > how can I change this border to include a shaded background color?

  Seems it's possible to change that, but I don't know how (but it should also
be possible using gtkrc files since that color is different for different gtk
themes).

> > Any pointer would be welcome.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Frank Chen