Re: Compilation/use problem

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000 alaric@portone.com wrote:

> As root:  ldconfig -p    will print out the currently available libraries
> and where they are located.  As for where to locate your libraries, that's
> really personal preference, although I prefer to locate libraries for many
> apps on /usr and single-purpose libs on /usr/local

  Thank you, Leeman. That's very useful. Is there also a way to determine
from the library numbers just which version of gdk, glib or gtk created
them? I see, for example, libraries that do not match the version numbers.
Some (I think, gtk) that end in 0.0.5, 0.0.6, and 0.0.7. Can I assume that
these match gtk+-1.2.5, -1.2.6, and -1.2.7? Of course, the glib and gdk
library numbers do not match those of gtk. Confusing to me.

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)